Jun 29, 2010

April and May

April and May are a little foggy in my brain.  So, I'll just put all the pictures together... not sure what happened in which month.
My parents came down with Elan one evening and brought some games from the show, "Minute to Win it" to play with us.

The first game involved sucking up an M'n'M with a straw....


and moving said M'n'M to the end of the coffee table where you had to deposit the M'n'M onto the top of another straw.


It was pretty tough.

We also tried to throw/bounce ping pong balls into cups.

My mom was really good at it!



Dropping golf balls onto the floor so that they could bounce into cups.
Curtis was doing some fancy photography here.... Wow!  I look tall!

More "Minute to Win it" games with the staff, elders and their families at ACC.
Hanging nails by their heads off of a string.

Stacking three golf balls.

Yes.  It can be done.


We played lots of other games but I don't want to embarrass anyone else by posting pictures.  However, as soon as I find the pictures from playing "minute to win it" games with my siblings and their spouses, I will post those.  :)

Easter was in April.  We had the usual crowd over to our house but didn't get any pictures of the people.  However, the kids and I made some super cute easter egg cookies...



The fifth grade classes at Sadie's school always go to the beach for a field trip at the end of the year.  They visited the tide pools and a marine center.

On the bus... It's a long two hour ride!
Sadie's pointing at a green creature... I can't remember what it's called.

Friends

Letting a star fish pull arm hairs.  Fun.

Sucking sand shrimp out of the ground.  Well... trying to suck sand shrimp out of the ground.  Our group wasn't too successful.

During the Spring term I spent three days a week in a Fifth grade classroom.  I taught ten math lessons about problem solving strategies for two weeks.  I also got to teach all day, every day for one week.  I had a lot of fun along with a few tears while teaching during that time. I definitely learned more that week than I ever have sitting in a classroom listening to lectures at WOU.  In the fall I get to do my full time student teaching in a first grade classroom!  Yay!
I don't have any pictures of the kids to post but here's a picture of the classroom:
 





1 comment:

  1. Laura, the green creature is called a sea anemone. Usually you see them in pictures with bright colors, however they close up and look like stones when they are frightened (especially by a class of fifth graders).

    ReplyDelete